So, everything is fresh from the oven. The cake and the recipe.
Mom and Gong Gong have been bugging me to bake their favourite banana cake loaf. Well, lets just say it, to them, I bake the best banana cakes *laughs* . It all depends on the type and ripeness of the bananas used.
I’m going to share with you on the recipe since quite a number of you requested for it. Of course, I have my own customisation which I cannot reveal because it’s my secret recipe. But still, you get the best banana cake with the below recipe!
300g castor sugar
300g all purpose flour (sifted)
2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
2 cups of smashed banana
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. In a large whisking bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla extract.
2. Slowly sift in flour and bicarbonate of soda in the batter. Mix it in a medium speed (clockwise/only in 1 direction).
3. Blend in smashed banana and continue mixing for a while.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C.
5. Grease the cake tins with butter.
6. Deposit the batter into the cake tins.
7. Bake at 180˚C, for about 45 minutes. Baking conditions vary depending on batter scaling weight and oven characteristics.
8. Test with a stick. If it comes out clean, the cake is cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack.
10. Enjoy your cake!
Notes: *Recipe makes about 2 loaves of banana cake. Amount of batter and loaves quantity depends on tin size used.